SALKANATAY VIA ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 6D/5N
- Private transport to trail head
- Horses (for equipment and personal items and 1 emergency horse) + horsemen
- Entrance fee to the trail
- Tents, high quality camping equipment (including toilet tent, tables, chairs)
- Meals as detailed above
- Vegetarian food available on request
- Last lunch at Indio Feliz restaurant: https://www.indiofeliz.com/en/restaurant.html
- Water (not for the first 4 hours of the trek)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Round trip by train to Machu Picchu
- 1 night in Plaza Andina Hotel at Aguas Calientes
- Return bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Return to Cusco in private transport
- Sleeping bag
- Travel Insurance
We recommended you bring:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and trousers if available) or rain poncho
- Waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- Sleeping bag (can be hired from us)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries are consumed faster in cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please beware that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection.
- Non-disposable canteen and water for the first morning. Optional: water sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink.
- Small towel
- Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage the trail)
Considering an extra night in Aguas Calientes? We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotel and other costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs. Please also note that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for one day only, if you wish to visit the ruins on a second consecutive day you will need to purchase another ticket.
Aguas Calientes Extra Day Upgrade Package (optional)
With hikes that trek the traditional Inca Trail, the standard package has clients returning to Cusco at the end of the trek, and they don’t spend a night in Aguas Calientes. This package provides clients the opportunity to stay in Aguas Calientes for an extra night, visit Machu Picchu for a second day and then return to Cusco by the comfortable Vistadome train.
- Cost: $195 per person on twin share basis. This price doesn’t change depending on the number of people in the group.
- Second day’s entry to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, valued at $60
- Bus up and down to ruins on extra day, valued at $17
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel, like Killa Inn Plaza Andina. These are nice hotels, well decorated, and clean.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
** Please contact us for a price for the same package but with 2 star accomodation and return in Expedition Train service **
- Student Discount: $35 off per personStudent Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
Private Service Prices 2018
- 1 person : US$1750.00 per person
- 2 people : US$1200.00 per person
- 3 people: US$1150.00 per person
- 4 people : US$1100.00 per person
- 5 people : US$1050.00 per person
- 6 people : US$1000.00 per person
- 7+ people : US$950.00 per person
As you see in our Additional Items under Trip Overview, there are several optional upgrades you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of prices, but check our Overview section for more details.
Huaynapicchu: $65 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $65 per person
Fill The Form
Flavio Huamani, Photo Tours Peru
Adress: Urbanizacion Flor de la Cantuta B -2 San Sebastian Cusco Peru