SALKANTAY – LANDSCAPE -ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY HIKE TO MACHUPICCHU 6 D/5 N
5.- Wayrac -Qolpapampa, Hidrolectric Aguas calientes.
Those who wish will get up early for sunrise because our landscape will be very different. We
will have breakfast there and then begin to go down to Qolpapampa as we go down the road
will be with more begetacion and it will also be warmer.
Lunch will be in Qolapampa.once we arrive we will have lunch and then we will take a vehicle
that will take us to hidroeletric and then take the train to Aguas Calientes
once we arrive we will go to the hotel for a fresh shower.
Day 6.-Machupicchu Full Day – Cusco
Those who wish will get up early for sunrise because our landscape will be very different. We will have breakfast there and then begin to go down to Qolpapampa as we go down the road will be with more begetacion and it will also be warmer.
Lunch will be in Qolapampa.once we arrive we will have lunch and then we will take a vehicle that will take us to hidroeletric and then take the train to Aguas Calientes
once we arrive we will go to the hotel for a fresh shower. Early in the morning we take the bus from the town of Aguas Calientes to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. We have the opportunity to climb the difficult path to the top of the
Huayna Picchu mountain, which offers spectacular and different views, it is even possible to see the Apu Salkantay.
The tour of Machu Picchu allows us to appreciate the high level of development achieved by Andean civilization through the Incas. A supremely religious site, Machu Picchu demonstrates
the superior knowledge achieved in astronomy and astrology. This knowledge of measuring the rainy and dry seasons through the solstices is indispensable for the development of agriculture: the life-source of the Andes. We will try to spend as long as possible in the archaeological complex, depending on what time our train back to the city of Cusco .
- 551 Night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- 1 extra porter for each 2 trekers for carrying photography equipment
- Private transportation Cusco – Soraypampa
- Guide photographer service in Spanish/ English
- Inflatable sleeping pad (Therm A Rest) – available in private service
- Cook and assistant
- Cooking equipment
- Daily tea service
- Dining equipment including chairs and tables
- Food (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners)
- Vegetarian meals available on request at no extra cost
- Lunch on 6th day at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge – available in private service
- Vegetarian menu at no extra cost
- Two man tents (3-man tents used as doubles – 4 seasons)
- Single tents available at extra cost
- Mule-handlers & mules – for transportation of our camping equipment and transportation of personal belongings (available in private service)
- Saddled horse (for every 6 passengers there is one saddled horse)
- First-aid kit with emergency oxygen bottle
- Water resistant duffel bag for carrying personal items (on loan)
- Pre departure briefing
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu 2 fees Per Person
- Round trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket
- Transportation from Poroy station to the hotel in Cusco
- Extra expenses
- Travel insurance
We recommended you bring:
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medication
- Walking poles
- Swimsuit and towel
- Personal items
- Personal snacks
- Original passport
Considering an extra night in Aguas Calientes? We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotel and other costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs. Please also note that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for one day only, if you wish to visit the ruins on a second consecutive day you will need to purchase another ticket.
Aguas Calientes Extra Day Upgrade Package (optional)
With hikes that trek the traditional Inca Trail, the standard package has clients returning to Cusco at the end of the trek, and they don’t spend a night in Aguas Calientes. This package provides clients the opportunity to stay in Aguas Calientes for an extra night, visit Machu Picchu for a second day and then return to Cusco by the comfortable Vistadome train.
- Cost: $195 per person on twin share basis. This price doesn’t change depending on the number of people in the group.
- Second day’s entry to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, valued at $60
- Bus up and down to ruins on extra day, valued at $17
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel, like Killa Inn Plaza Andina. These are nice hotels, well decorated, and clean.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
** Please contact us for a price for the same package but with 2 star accomodation and return in Expedition Train service **
*Please note: We need 2 people to open one group. In the case that you are a solo traveler and there is no other group you could join, we will apply the price according to the number of people.*
- Student Discount: $35 off per personStudent Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to [email protected]
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
Private: Service Price 2021
- 1 person: US$1850.00 per person
- 2 people: US$1450.00 per person
- 3 people: US$1350.00 per person
- 4 people: US$1250.00 per person
- 5 people: US$1150.00 per person
- 6 people: US$1050.00 per person
- 7+ people: US$950.00 per person
Huaynapicchu: $65 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $65 per person
Flavio Huamani, Photo Tours Peru
Adress: Urbanizacion Flor de la Cantuta B -2 San Sebastian Cusco Peru